Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The best Chicken with a Chanterelle Mushroom Sauce

chicken-mushroom

My dear friend Currié recently gave me some freshly picked chanterelle mushrooms - I have the best friends. I've never cooked with these mushrooms before so I was really excited to try them out. I had some chicken thighs that needed to be used up so I decided to make a quick and simple dish with the chicken and mushrooms. I wanted to keep the sauce healthy so I didn't add a bunch of cream or butter. This dish was light, flavorful, and really, really delicious. I loved the flavor of the chanterelle mushrooms - they are my new favorite fungus.

Chicken Thighs with a Chanterelle Mushroom Sauce:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
2 tsp olive oil
5-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Garlic powder, to taste
1 tbsp butter
2 cups of chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 shallot, sliced
4-5 small cloves of garlic, minced
3/4 cup chicken stock
1-2 tbsp corn starch
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the chicken thighs with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and garlic powder, to taste on both sides. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate with a tin foil tent covering it.
Add the butter to the skillet then add the chanterelle mushrooms and shallot. Sauté for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown; add the minced garlic and sauté for an additional 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the corn starch to the chicken stock and mix thoroughly. Add the chicken stock mixture to the mushrooms and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes so it can reduce and thicken. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Add the chicken thighs along with any juices back to the sauce and simmer for 1 minute. Place on a serving dish and serve immediately. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP